Saturday, May 28, 2011

One Day I’ll Touch the Sunrise

 Zorga
Stanzas
5
Lines
6 = 30 lines
Syllable/Words
14 syllable/line
Rhymes

Repeat
Line 1

One Day I’ll Touch the Sunrise

1              On the east face of a mountain I will arise early
                Lay out my talismans from my medicine bundle
                The sage and cedar I gathered will burn in my fire
                I sit, awaiting the first rays of the morning sun
5              To touch my hair then forehead, eyes then ears, and lastly mouth
                And one day, when I have the wisdom, I will touch the sunrise.

                On the east face of a mountain I will arise early
    The sun kisses my hair like a father kisses a child’s head
                It strokes my hair as a mother cuddles an infant close
10            The sun wraps me in its’ secure gossamer embrace.
                As it brushes my forehead peace invades and conquers me
                Tranquil thoughts I want to spread over the world’s circumference.

    On the east face of a mountain I will arise early
                The sun will burn the sights of war and chaos from my eyes                        
15            Meadows of wildflowers in shade of yellow, white, blue
                With butterflies flitting to sip their nectar will remain.
                My ears fill with warmth of positive words instead of screams
                Of bigoted racial and religious intolerance.

                On the east face of a mountain I will arise early
20            And learn to speak with words of humility, and wisdom
                As the sun stretches forth its’ first rays to cover my mouth.
                This way people will learn to think before they react
                With words spoken in anger without seeing the other side
                Each new day is a chance to grow and become more than now.

25            On the east face of a mountain I will arise early
                And one day I will touch the sunrise as it has touched me
                As a cleansing for all the created by man
                His ego and industry seek only to destroy
                Very few succeed in ever building people up
30                When it’s easier to trample them under you heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment