Monday, February 21, 2011

Zariz

      Zariz
Stanzas
3
Lines
6/stanza = 18 lines
Syllable/Words
9 words/line
Rhymes

Repeat
Line 1 becomes line 3 in second stanza, then line 5 in third stanza

Blandford, Massachusetts, in 2063

1              Blandford, Massachusetts, in 2063 is were I will be,
                Sitting on the front porch of the family homestead.
                By then the house will be over 300 years old,
                And will have been my family home for 160.
5              Each generation feels a connection to this grand place
                That was once a carriage stop going to Otis.
               
                On summer parade days I’ll use great-grampy’s 1926 Model T,
                Owned solely by our family since it was bought.
                Blandford, Massachusetts, in 2063 is were I will be,
10            For summer Sunday drives I’ll cruise in style
                With the top down on my blue 2002 Z-28.
                I’m sure to get stares, but I won’t care.
               
                I will still be the crazy cat lady though.
                I may not have horses then, but cats, always.
15            Still getting annoyed with them as they’ll want to play
                With my yarn as I sit and crochet away.
                Blandford, Massachusetts, in 2063 is were I will be,
                Happy for traditions passed through generations down to me.


Reset Needed

1              Please, I beg, reset your internal alarm clock!
                I love you to tears, but I need sleep.
                I know that I get up in one more hour,
                And you know that fact as well as I.
5              Why do you always have to get up early?
                Why can’t you just lay there and close your eyes?

                A little poke here and a little nudge there
                Just to see if I will move from you.
                Please, I beg, reset your internal alarm clock!
10            If I move from you it doesn’t mean anything
                Other than you are annoying me to pieces.
                I am NOT going to get up any faster!

                Okay, okay, so you’re very cute in your endeavor.
                And your purring next to me ear is sweet.
15            As your paw reaches out to touch my hand
                I have to be honest and say you’re quite charming.
                But please, I beg, reset your internal alarm clock!
                Everyday you’re just up way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment