Monday, January 10, 2011

Zapha Xi

Zapha Xi
Stanzas
3
Lines
5/stanza = 15 lines
Syllable/Words
11 words
Rhymes

Repeat
Line 5

Spirit Sister

                The internet has created wonderful opportunities to meet vibrant new people.
                I cherish these new friends as much as my old friends.
                You make my life more fulfilled, though we chat through wires.
                I am so glad to have met you my dear friend.
5              Though we haven’t met in real life, you are my sister.

                Your words of wisdom have found a home in my soul.
                I will remember and value the counsel you have given me.
                You are an angel on the ‘net with golden fiber-optic wings.
                In this cyber-world we’ve created, you rise above the rest.
10           Though we haven’t met in real life, you are my sister.

                I picture you floating in the heavenly blue sky, typing.
                The sun gently warming you, with just a trickle of breeze,
                Sitting cross-legged on a fluffy white cloud, keyboard on your lap,
                Smiling in concentration to pen for others sweet words of inspiration.
15           Though we haven’t met in real life, you are my sister.


Beth Ellen Cook               
1-10-2011
For Karenina

No comments:

Post a Comment