Sunday, January 2, 2011

Zacta


Zacta
Stanzas
3
Lines
8 = 24 lines
Syllable/Words
7 words/line
Rhymes
2/stanza
Repeat


Setting Them Free

                My thoughts are cast upon the wind
                To intersect with people where they dare.
                Floating out like notes from a woodwind
                To the world as a gentle prayer.
5              To be picked up by others, twinned,
                Sent flowing out again to land elsewhere.
                I hope they will not be dimmed
                As they traverse the world midair.

                My poems, I cast you into cyberspace
10            Read by netizens I may never meet.
                My blog I use as a showcase
                Inspiring others to say, “No” to defeat.
                Take a chance and write your case
                Display your vast talents without conceit.
15            Each poem a flower in a vase
                To be admired by common and elite.

                My life is cast throughout the world.
                For good or bad I touch lives.
                And they touch others, all are enswirled
20            Into the grand waltzing dance of life.
                I want people to meet, hands uncurled,
                With no hidden agendas in their motives.
                I want people to enjoy the world
                Each and every day of their lives.


Beth Ellen Cook               
1-2-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment