Saturday, January 22, 2011

Zamu


Zamu
Stanzas
8
Lines
3/stanza = 24 lines
Syllable/Words
Alternate 8 syllables then 13 syllables/line
Rhymes
2
Repeat


Blues Sistah’—unrhymed version

1              Went to Chicago for a trip,
                Drove down Wacker Drive wantin’ a twenty car pile up,
                The kids with me, thought I was crazy.

                I even took a picture of the Wacker Drive sign.
5              Lookin’ everywhere for Elwood
                To drive past with Jake in the passenger seat, grinning.

                As we were driving in the city
                On our first night, a sax-man was a’ blowin’ his horn
                Standin’ on a corner, no cares.

10           On the 103rd floor of the great Sears Tower
                Looking out at the Hancock Building
                I kept picturing a Pinto floating through the sky.

                Let out a squeal at another sign,
                Take the next exit to go to Joliet prison.
15           Jake, baby, hang out there for me.

                Took the El’ from Skokie to down town Chicago to shop,
                Rolling through a bunch of stations
                Wondering when a building would blow up by rocket.
               
                I could just imagine a cop car
20           Chasing Jake ‘n Elwood  ‘round and around,
                As I went about my shopping.
               
                At Midway Airport on the way home the kids found a great mockup,
                Jake ‘n Elwood singin’ their bit.
                I bought the glasses ‘n hat, and next Halloween I’ll be a Blues Sistah’.

No comments:

Post a Comment